[ti]doom[/ti]DBP11: Lilywhite Lilith Mar 31, 2019 5:28:06 GMT -5
Post by mantistoboggan on Mar 31, 2019 5:28:06 GMT -5
Tangled vines wind through crumbling limestone, serving as still markers under a misty sky. The stark tranquility belies something fell and horrible... for how long have you clutched the cold grip of your rifle? Lead forward by your own bloodlust and fervor; that lilywhite lilith.
Wolf SS: | has been replaced with a plasma zombie, fires in two-round bursts and a bit hardier than the average possessed.
Keen: | has been replaced with an antique doll. Use this however you please (i.e. decoration, puzzles), no longer counts for kills.
Dead Lost Soul: | has been replaced with an actor that plays a glass shattering sound when it sees the player. Use this in conjunction with instant
moving floors and midtextures to emulate stained glass windows breaking.
Arachnotron: | has had its height and radius reduced to make it a bit easier to use.
Head Candles: | has been replaced with a non-solid wall candle. Combine with the holder textures for a cool pseudo-3D look.
Thanks to the power of event handlers these modifications should play nice with gameplay mods when run in GZDoom, and there's even a few nice visual enhancements if you know where to look.
1. Get your maps in quick as you can, the more time we have to test them, the better.
2. The project is done at the end of the month, no matter the state.
3. Limit Removing/Doom 2 in Doom format only.
4. The goal is to keep these levels short, preferably around 4-12 minutes in length. Maps of Tolkienesq length cannot be accepted -- coffee-break maps, people!
5. Try to use one of the MIDIs provided in the resource WAD. You are allowed to bring your own MIDI if it is cool and good.
6. Certain stock textures have been blacked out to maintain thematic consistency. Modifying the resource WAD or including new textures is not permitted. This is for the best.
7. Don't implement skill settings before submitting your map the first time. The testers are all your friends and will be very helpful.
8. Any submitted maps are subject to modification for corrections or quality control. It has to be this way.
9. I'm still open to suggestions on sprite replacements for obstacles and decorative objects.
>>> v3 <<<
(Old versions: v1 v2)
> Shattering Glass Example <
The project's official release date is Wednesday May 01, 2019. It's up to you to be in this, so get to mapping!
Time marches on.