[ti]community[/ti]DB Project #02 - Circle of Caina Mar 25, 2018 20:22:24 GMT -5
Post by 40oz on Mar 25, 2018 20:22:24 GMT -5
Sup Doomers. While you're waiting for DB#01 to get wrapped up, today we can start mapping for Doomer Boards community project #02! ooga booga!
It's pretty simple. Below is a wad which contains textures, 10 midi files, and two maps. Simply load the wad as a resource wad, and make a map that fits the given theme. This particular project's theme is Circle of Caina (inspired by caina.wad by FraGMarE), which is the ice caverns theme!
>>> DOWNLOAD V2 <<<
1. This is a Limit Removing project. Please use the standard Doom 2 vanilla format, but don't worry about segs or visplanes.
2. The TEXTURE1 lump blacks out many of the textures. These textures are restricted. For thematic consistency, you may only use the textures provided in the resource file. Do not include your own textures or modify the resource wad.
3. You may select any of the given midi files for your map (lumps D_01 through D_10
4. For quality control purposes, please try to make your maps of comparable quality to the maps included in the wad. Your maps can be rejected for being dumb.
5. Only one map per Doomer
6. Keep your maps short. On a casual playthrough, the goal play time is somewhere around 4-12 minutes. If its much longer than that, the map might get rejected
7. Don't touch anyone else's maps unless you're deliberately instructed to do so. (That means you, sarais)
8. Any submitted maps are subject to be modified by me for error corrections or quality control purposes. Deal with it.
9. The project is released when its released, even if no one makes a map for it.
This project's official release date is Tuesday May 01, 2018. That means if you want to be in this, then STOP FUCKING AROUND AND OPEN UP YOUR GODDAMN MAP EDITOR.
Get it on!